Scalabrini Privacy and Confidentiality Statement
Scalabrini Village Ltd (Scalabrini) committed to respect the rights of every person to privacy, dignity and confidentiality in all clinical and administrative dealings. All information considered to be of a private and confidential nature will be managed in accordance with all legislative requirements. Scalabrini will not collect information unless the information is necessary for the organisation to carry out its functions or activities.
Scalabrini will ensure the following occurs:
- The protection and maintenance of the privacy of individuals’ personal or health information as imposed under any State or Commonwealth law, including the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the Australian Privacy Principles and the Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002 (NSW);
- Personal information we collect is used and disclosed for relevant purposes only;
- We will regulate the access to and correction of personal information;
- The confidentiality of personal information will be maintained through appropriate storage and security;
- An environment that will enable residents to maintain relationships with privacy and dignity will be encouraged and maintained;
- Respectful relationships will be encouraged and maintained between all staff, residents and their families;
- To provide a framework which outlines the requirement to hold current consent prior to displaying photographs throughout the Village or externally in publications, marketing material or the Intranet.
If you have an inquiry, please email Tracey Osmond, Director of Clinical Governance & Quality at firstname.lastname@example.org